( ) 1. A. We came at six.
B. Last night.
C. One hour and a half.
( ) 2. A. March 12. B. Monday. C. Father’s day.
( ) 3. A. What about tomorrow afternoon?
B. Ok, I think.
C. No, we won’t have the meeting.
( ) 4. A. No, thanks. B. Here you are. C. I’m ready.
( ) 5. A. In my office. B. At school. C. In the fruit shop nearby.
( ) 6. Which does Mary like better?
A. Apples. B. Bananas. C. Neither.
( ) 7. What did she tell him to do?
A. She asked him to forget it.
B. She asked him to do it now.
C. She told him not to do that right now.
( ) 8. Where does Mr Green come from?
A. America. B. France. C. Engalnd.
( ) 9. Which season is it now?
A. Autumn. B. Summer. C. Spring.
( ) 10. How many books has Mary bought?
A. Five. B. Six. C. Eleven.
( ) 11. Mr Johnson got up ____ in the morning.
A. at 6:30. B. at 7:30. C. at 8:30.
( ) 12. He got to the station ____.
A. on foot B. by bus C. by bike
( ) 13. When he arrived, he ____.
A. had to wait for the next train
B. missed his train
C. just caught the train
( ) 14. Mr Johnson likes ____ better.
A. having breakfast
B. running to work
( ) 15. Though Mr Johnson got up late, ____.
A. he still had time for breakfast
B. he had enough food for breakfast
C. he was not late for his work
1. What’s wrong with your ____ (显示器)? It doesn’t work.
2. The sign says, “Don’t throw ____ (垃圾) into the river.”
3. Do you have a ____ (专门的) party for his birthday?
4. He’s gone to the ____ (科学) Hall.
5. On New Year’s Day, both his uncle and aunt took him to visit their ____ (亲戚).
6. Peter likes matchbox covers. He has a large ____ (collect).
7. The little boy is ____ (interest) in model planes.
8. The Spring Festival is as ____ (excite) as Christmas.
9. Life is much ____ (difficult) for them than before.
10. Please help ____ (you) to some chicken, boys and girls.
11. Tom is fond of ____ (swim) in summer.
12. We ____ (learn) two thousand English words so far.
13. Mrs Zhang has made up her mind ____ (help) the poor old man.
14. The Smiths ____ (come) back from Canada in a week.
15. Jill went on ____ (read) English after she finished her homework.
( ) 1. Mother made me ____ at home last Sunday.
A. stay B. to stay C. stayed D. staying
( ) 2. Kate, Han Mei told us ____. Would you like to tell us ____?
A. something interesting, anything else
B. something interesting, else anything
C. interesting something, anything else
D. interesting something, else anything
( ) 3. Football is one of ____ in China.
A. more popular sport
B. the most popular sport
C. more popular sports
D. the most popular sports
( ) 4. Would you please ____ it down? It sounds ____.
A. not turn, nice B. not turn, well
C. not to turn, nice D. not to turn, well
( ) 5. Pingping failed in the exam yesterday. _____.
A. Congratulations B. Well done
C. What a pity D. That’s right
( ) 6. Peter has ____ good friends. But ____ of them can speak English.
A. few, a few B. a few, few C. little, a little D. a little, little
( ) 7. The children had a good time ____ Christmas Eve.
A. in B. at C. to D. on
( ) 8. He’s never been there before, ____?
A. is he B. isn’t he C. has he D. hasn’t he
( ) 9. —Would you like to come to dinner this Sunday, Mr Wang?
A. I’d love to, but I have lots of things to do.
B. Oh no. That’ll be too tired.
C. I’ll stay at home.
D. Yes, please.
( ) 10. He ____ in the factory since he left school ten years ago.
A. works B. worked C. was working D. has worked
( ) 11. —It’s too difficult for you to answer.
—Why ____ the teacher for help?
A. don’t ask B. not ask C. not wait D. don’t wait
( ) 12. We won’t go to the Great Wall if it ____ tomorrow.
A. rains B. rain C. will rain D. is raining
( ) 13. —____ do you water the flowers?
—Three times a week.
A. How long B. How soon C. How much D. How often
( ) 14. What goes up but never comes down?