第1节 （共5小题，第2节 满分5分）
听下面5段对话，每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的A、 B、 C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后，你有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. Who was Chris Paine?
A. A computer engineer
B. A book seller.
C. A writer.
2. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A football player.
B. A football team.
C. A football match
3. Why did the woman buy a heavy coat for Jimmy?
A. Winter is coming soon.
B. Jimmy’ll go into the mountains.
C. Jimmy has caught a cold.
4. Where is the woman?
A. In a soap factory.
B. In her house.
C. At an information desk.
5. When is the man checking in?
A. Friday B. Thursday C. Tuesday
第2节 （共15小题，4节 满分15分）
听下面5段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的A、 B、 C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话或独白后，你有时间来回答有关小题和阅读各个小题，每小题5秒钟。每段对话或独白读两遍。
6. How does the man feel about David’s way of sleeping?
A. effective. B. It’s strange
C. It’s the best.
7. How many hours does David sleep a day?
A. Four B. Six C. Seven
8. What does the woman suggest at the end of the talk?
A. People should develop a habit like David’s.
B. People need longer hours of sleep.
C. People have different sleeping habits.
8. What is the woman going to do?
A. Attend a party B. Take a holiday
C. Go on a business trip.
9. When does the woman plan to arrive?
A. Later Friday. B. Middle Saturday.
C. Saturday night
10. What is the weather like in the town during the day?
A. cold B. Wet C. Warm
11. Why does the man thank the woman?
A. She has helped him with his problems.
B. She has invited him for coffee.
C. She has agreed to see him on Monday.
12. When does the conversation take place?
A. Before class B. After class C. During class.
13. What will the man do the next morning?
A. Meet Mr Cooper.
B. Visit the National Lab.
C. Meet Bill Lyons
14. How will the man spend his Saturday?
A. He will do some paperwork.
B. He will take some rest.
C. He will meet some visitors.
15. What do we know about the woman?
A. She’s the man’s wife.
B. She’s a business manager.
C. She’s a company secretary.
16. What was the purpose of Mrs Whinfield’s visits to Kew Gardens?
A To learn more about plants.
B. To write an article on Gardens.
C. To meet the writers she read.
17. Where did Mrs Whinfrield live before she moved to her present home?
A. Dorset B. Somerset. C.West London.
18. Where does Mrs Whinfield get most of her plants?
A. She grows them from seeds.
B. She gets them from her friends.
C. She buys them from a market.
19. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Tourist and gardener.
B. College professor and biology student.
C. Newspaper reporter and garden owner.
22. ----From where does your teacher come?
-----I’m not sure, but from his accent ____ Shanghai.
A. hears B. shows C. suggest D. sounds
20. To get an education, ____.
A. one must work hard
B. working hard is needed
C. what you need is to work hard
D. what one needs working hard
21. ___ time went on, the lady felt more and more worried.
A. As B. Since C. With D. For
22. Tom has two dogs and he loves ____.
A. them both B. both them
C. all of them D. each them
23. She had never spent a ____ day.
A. more worry B. most worrying
C. more worrying D. most worried
24. I thought he would get ___ trouble, now he is really ___ trouble.
A. into; in B. into; into
C. in; in D. in; into
25. Don’t talk about such things of ___ you are not sure.
A. which B. what C. as D. those
26. ---- Many people support the plan.
----But ____ are against it.
A. many B. few C. more D. much more
27. I got up early, but I ___, because I had no work to do that morning.
A. needn’t have done so B. need to do so
C. need have done so D. needn’t do so
28. They have invited me to visit their country, ___ is very kind of them.
A. as B. that C. X D. which
29. ____ on the hill, we could see the whole town.
A. Seeing B. Stood C. seen D. standing
30. The old man ___ morning exercises.
A. is used to do B. got into the habit to do
C. has got into the habit of doing D. get used to do
31. Three hours ___ enough ___ me to do my exercises.
A. are; of B. is; of C. are; for D. is; for
32. ---- Hello, Peter. How was your trip?
A. Hello, he was fine
B. I’m very well, thank you